Schools and Colleges
My workshops are suitable for all ages of students; Reception, Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2, Key Stage 3, GCSE, A Level, Under Graduate, and Post Graduate.
I create a friendly and comfortable learning environment and run the workshop in an energetic, fun and vibrant way that engages every student.
I use a range of teaching devices including call and response, Phonetic Rhythm, reading drum notation, and rhythm games. This allows me to engage all types of learner (Aural, Visual, and Kinaesthetic.)
I can cover a range of aims and objectives which are beneficial to students.
These include learning:
- Simple introduction to rhythm
- Set rhythms, either African or contemporary
- Rhythmic Composition and Musicality
- The effects of layering sound effectively
- Rhythmic theory and reading rhythm
- Pieces (either set by me or composed by the class) to performance standard for parents, assembly or school show etc.
- Different sounds and techniques for using the instruments
- Improvisation and creativity
- How hand drums and percussion instruments can be related to the drum kit
- Different time signatures and Poly rhythms
I promote self expression and communication among the group encouraging the class to be pro-active and to generate their own answers and ideas. In this way, the students feel that the end result is very much their own work and combined achievement.